PE and Sport Premium is a Government funded initiative that provided substantial primary school sport funding. This funding was jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and saw money going directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of, and participation in, sport and PE for all their children.
The government has continued its funding for Primary PE and School Sport into 2020-2021; meaning primary schools will be able to put in place longer term plans to improve provision. Our schools have been allocated the following Sports Premium Funding this year:
The allocation for Wynyard Church of England Primary School for the academic year 2020-21 the allocation is £18,810.
The allocation for Esh Church of England (Aided) Primary School for the academic year 2020-21 the allocation is £16, 940.
The trusts vision for the use of Sports Premium funding is to:
- Hire specialist qualified sports coaches to work with in our schools to increase confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Providing professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- Increase children’s participation in a range of sports which they might not have previously had the opportunity to try, e.g. trampolining or martial arts.
- Provide a wide range of diverse extra-curricular activities to increase pupil engagement with sports and encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
Please see each of our school’s individual Sports Premium Statements for 2020-21 below.